Foreign workers with certain skills have been newly allowed to work in specific fields.
The names of the newly established working visas are “Specific skill 1” and “Specific skill 2”.
The target occupations are limited to only 14 industries where the recruitment of job offers is not satisfied only by Japanese.
Careful support from a third party organization, etc. will be imposed on No. 1 foreign workers in consideration of the impact on national life.
Standard common to specific skill 1 and specific skill 2
- Be over 18 years old
- Good health
- Possess a passport issued by a foreign government that cooperates with the smooth execution of deportation
- No deposit has been collected
- If you are paying to a foreign institution, make sure you fully understand the amount and breakdown and agree with the institution.
- If the sending country stipulates the procedure to be observed, the procedure must be followed.
- Regarding foreigners’ regular expenses such as food expenses and housing expenses, they have agreed upon fully understanding the contents of the benefits provided as compensation, and the amount of such expenses is equivalent to the actual expenses or other appropriate amount. It is the amount, and the statement and other documents are presented.
- Comply with the standards specific to the field (* Provided by the notification set by the ministry concerned with the field)
Status of Residence: Difference between Specific Skills No. 1 and No. 2
With specific skill No. 1
Residence status for foreigners engaged in work that requires skills that require considerable knowledge or experience belonging to a specific industry field
- Period of stay: Renewal every 1 year, 6 months or 4 months, up to 5 years in total.
- Skill level: Confirmed by tests. (Foreigners who have completed Technical Internship No. 2 are exempted from examinations)
- Japanese proficiency level: Confirm the Japanese proficiency required for daily life and work through examinations. (Foreigners who have completed Technical Internship No. 2 are exempted from examinations)
- Family affiliation: Basically not accepted.
- Subject to support from the host organization or registration support organization.
⇒Those who have updated the upper limit of 5 years with specific skill No. 1 and who meet the specified requirements can switch to specific skill No. 2.
With specific skill No. 2
Status of residence for foreigners who are engaged in work that requires skilled skills belonging to a specific industry field
- Period of stay: Renewal every 3 years, 1 year or 6 months.
- Skill level: Confirmed by tests.
- Japanese proficiency level: No need to confirm by examinations.
- Family affiliation: Yes, if the requirements are met. (Spouse, child)
- Not covered by the receiving organization or registration support organization.
※Excerpt from the Ministry of Justice website, Immigration and Immigration Bureau, efforts to accept new foreign personnel and realize a symbiotic society (creation of residence status “specific skills”, etc.)
See below for details on tests of specific skills No. 1 and No. 2.
※Efforts to accept new foreign human resources and realize a symbiotic society
(Establishment of residence status “specific skills”, etc.)
About professional and technical fields
Nursing care, building cleaning, material industry, industrial machinery manufacturing industry, electrical / electronic information related industry, construction, shipbuilding / marine industry, automobile maintenance, aviation, lodging, agriculture, fishery, food and beverage manufacturing industry, restaurant business 14 The field is targeted.
See below for details on 14 specialized skills fields
※Of these 14 fields, Specific Skill No. 2 can only be accepted in the two fields of construction and shipbuilding / marine industry.
Specific skill No. 1 can accept all 14 fields.